Thursday, August 23, 2007

Interesting.

A friend of mine insists there is no vote fraud anywhere, even as I send her article after article about Milwaukee, because no one would EVER abuse the sacred right. Everyone takes their responsibility to cast one-and-only-one well-informed, carefully-considered vote as seriously as she does.

I admire her faith, but no one over the age of 10 should be that naive. Look, ma, double voting!

I've been in a "fugue state" in Stallis once or twice. But every time I've driven by a polling station on an election day, I've been reminded to go vote at the precinct listed on my registration, instead of pulling in and giving a false address. I'm weird like that.


Anyway, I'm glad to see someone is not only cross-checking new registrations with existing ones, but reporting discrepancies. If only there was some way to cross-check lists from other counties and states; I'm still annoyed that al-Gore won Iowa in 2000 by a margin of approximately the number of U of Iowa students who admitted to the student paper that they voted once on campus and once at their parents' address.

No comments: