Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ready for some fußball...

I'm looking forward to Packers@Cowboys tomorrow with disaffected interest. Should be a great game, a great QB vs. a QB who could be great himself in a few years, and I expect either team to take on the F-Pats in the Super Bowl (I think I prefer GB to the SB because the Cowboys have already shown they can't play against the F-Pats). I like and dislike various aspects of both teams and their fans about equally...but a GB win makes work less unpleasant on Friday, so GO PACK. :)

I've been waiting to repost this link to IowaHawk's coverage of the Lombardi Cartoon Riots of 2006: Seething Midwest Explodes Over Lombardi Cartoons
But by far the fiercest demonstration took place in Green Bay's Lambeau Shrine parking lot where throngs of Packer faithful burned Texas flags and effigies of Roger Staubach as Lutheran pastors led them in chants of "Those who defame the Vince suck" and "Favre is Great." Many of the frenzied demonstrators were seen ritualistically beating themselves with mozzarella sticks.
Mmm. Mozz sticks.

I've considered making an iconic--and reverential, of course--Lombardi needlepoint. But he's queued up behind a bunch of embroidered Christmas presents.

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Heather - If you're looking for a husband [i.e., your previous post], you can borrow mine. Don't know what time the Dallas game is on in the States, but he is setting our alarm to get up at 0400 here in Saudi to watch it. Uugghhhh!!!

The Asian Badger said...

F-Pats...LMAO.

No, I won't change your tire.

HeatherRadish said...

*laugh* If I were overseas, I'd be getting up at odd hours to watch the Colts. Football is a sickness. :)