Saturday, December 29, 2007

BDS in Vermont...

A group in Brattleboro is petitioning to put an item on a town meeting agenda in March that would make Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney subject to arrest and indictment if they visit the southeastern Vermont community.

Steyn is his usual entertaining self. I hope someone puts his Saturday event on YouTube.

Two interesting things I noticed when I was in VT in October. 1) No American flags anywhere except government buildings. 2) All the scarecrows lined up on "quaint main streets" were dressed like 80s yuppies--Izod, khakis, sweaters over their shoulders... *shudder* The landscape looked like Kentucky--not a knock, I liked Kentucky, but the peoplescape was creepy. Especially Burlington. I don't know how my friend up there can stand it.

No comments: