Monday, December 10, 2007

Potpourri for $100

  • Sage Rosenfels still is perfect as the Houston Texans' starting quarterback. I would love to add some ISU info to his Wikipedia entry, but I can't figure out their editor. Their loss!
  • Kyle Orton gets to start this week in a meaningless game.
  • This concludes the "NFL QBs from Iowa" portion of the program.
  • I got a Halloween card in the mail today....postmarked Dec 4.
  • I want a "Neither Whore Nor Submissive" T-shirt like Aayan Hirsi Ali.
  • I'm trying to figure out the whole Canadian gov't vs Mark Steyn thingy. He's getting sued by the gov't for writing in a magazine? The one thing that is very clear is, to quote Kurtz: From now on I stay strictly on the American side of the Falls (easily done as said since I keep forgetting to take time off work and stand in line at the passport window). And I feel even more grateful to have been born in the U.S. with a Bill of Rights than usual.
  • Unrelated, I got a thingy in the mail telling me I'm entitled to a $25 settlement in a class-action suit against MasterCard concerning fees charged on foreign transactions 1996-2006. That's approximately how much (American) I spent on exhibition catalogs from the Art Gallery of Ontario on a day trip in 2003. Strange.
  • Oh, and ISU won on Saturday. As if there was any doubt.

No comments: