Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Random bitter rant.

My best friend, who inexplicably cares about crap like this, reports that not only is Britney Spears pregnant (baby's gonna go straight from delivery to detox, if it survives until birth...), her 16-year-old sister is as well. After pausing to laugh at all the people who are "surprised" that teenage dropouts from the backwoods get knocked up, I just feel really sad. For myself, not Jamie Lynn or the baby, who (unlike the pregnant teenagers around Milwaukee) have plenty of financial resources and a family who doesn't think there's anything amiss here.

I KNEW I should have been a two-bit whore when I was 14-24, instead of spending all that time in the library!

I'm joking. Sorta. I was over thirty before I figured out that skankiness is admired in young women far more than anything I bring to the table.


Then there's this, which I don't understand, but which makes me cry and vomit at the same time, mostly because I can't stop imagining what the poor woman's final minutes must have been like.

No comments: