Thursday, January 17, 2008

Is there nothing that woman won't destroy?

Scrabble is one of "Oprah's Favorite Things." I hate it when that woman puts her stamp on stuff I like, I really don't want people thinking she influenced me. Bleah.

Anyway, against my better judgment, I was talked into registering for a Scrabble tournament next month. It's not like living-room play; there's a clock, strict rules about dropping tiles under the table (don't ask), and 2-person games only.

I haven't played any Scrabble since the last tournament I was in fifteen months ago (same organizer talked me into THAT), which was the first time I played a timed game since I moved to Milwaukee. It's a good hobby for the socially inept, the terminally boring, the pedantic, and the mentally ill. Like having a blog, except all the letters are capitalized. :)

I'm kind of hoping obsessing about two- and three-letter words for a few weeks will be slightly less unhealthy than everything else I've been obsessing over lately.

No comments: