Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Hillary Clinton is a Communist!"

So, I had to wait around the post office this morning for the passport window to open (which it did, 15 minutes late, after the family waiting ahead of me went over to the stamp counter to bitch...). Always interesting people-watching at the post office.

The best was a woman about my age and size, lesbian-separatist boots and haircut, who found a "don't forget to vote for Hillary" postcard in her box, shouted "Hillary Clinton is a Communist!!" at the lobby, and ripped it up and threw it on the floor. Everyone in the line was kind of stunned...she went to the stamp counter, bought some stamps, and on her way out, she shouted at us again. "Hillary Clinton is a Communist!"

That time I grinned. She wasn't looking at us, or I might thanked her for her candor.

The family in front of me had been yapping about how much better Canada is than the U.S., so I thought I'd best keep the rest of my thoughts ("Obama's not far off...") to myself. But it's so damned refreshing to hear someone use the word "Communist" as an epithet, for a change.

Not to mention that was just weird!

2 comments:

Prosqtor said...

Communism is her/their goal, but the means is fascism. All we have to do is follow along, and the Great Leader Hillary! (or an Audaciously Hopeful Obama) will lead us to truth and enlightenment.

Amy said...

Yep. That pretty much sums it up, prosqtor.

Too bad the GOP all but handed the Democrats/Communists the White House by making McCain the nominee...

Enjoy having your wealth redistributed and (for us Catholics and conservatives) our "hate speech" silenced.