Monday, March 10, 2008

Grandpa, there are only 49 stars on that flag!

I have trouble convincing people from the East Coast that the different Midwestern states are NOT THE SAME (you want all the same? Visit New England...), but I've lived in five of them and spent enough time in the others to be very aware of the differences...

...and the hierarchy. No matter how low I sink in life, I can always thank God I'm not from Missourah. Especially if they make Budweiser the official state beer. Flush twice, it's a long way to St. Louis.

(Dear Mr. President, There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate three. P.S. I am not a crackpot.)

2 comments:

Steve Burri said...

When I started school there were just 48 stars on the flag. (But one still representing Missourah.)

HeatherRadish said...

If I was smart, I would be planning to go to Alaska next summer for the half-centennial, or whatever the fancy word for it is.