Saturday, March 15, 2008

Intriguing silence about Obamarama

on the quilt blogs, which I have been reading for the first time in a week. I don't suppose him throwing his long-time spiritual advisor under a bus when the media became critical of his teachings has anything to do with it. :)

Yes, under a bus--we can add disloyalty to the long list of things to find objectionable about Obama. He used the Rev to further his career for 20 years and fired him when he was no longer useful. Reminds me of the Clintons (poor Socks).

Lots of good fabric and thread on the blogs, though. I've been sorting through the fabric I've accumulated since college, getting ready to dump a lot of it on eBay to see if I can recoup pennies on the dollar. Trying not to think "Damn, I could have put a down payment on a house if I hadn't bought all this crap." Wow, I was dumb when I was young. I don't suppose Congress will consider a bailout of over-enthusiastic hobbyists who lose their enthusiasm after dropping thousands of dollars on supplies?

No comments: