Sunday, August 24, 2008

1929 Duesenberg J. Phaeton

1929  Duesenberg J. Phaeton

Last year, I hit the Milwaukee Masterpiece show on Club Day, and it was fun, but muscle cars aren't as interesting to me as older luxury models. So this year I went on Sunday for the Concours d'Elegance, and it was incredible. I took 329 pictures, and I was able to match up all but a dozen with the make and year when I got home. Unfortunately, I ran out of camera battery before I saw the 1950 Indy 500 pace car...

The best of the pictures are on Flickr. I still don't know a lot about cars (although today I learned quite a bit about what the Duesenbergs did in Des Moines, Newton, and Waterloo before they moved to Indy), but that's not a requirement for enjoying the design and beautiful restorations. Or for talking to the old guys who were taking as many pictures as I was. "Look at that, isn't that beautiful?" "Is that the original paint color?"

And if I didn't already have a nom de blog, I'd start calling myself "Duesenberg J. Phaeton."

[This is the fourth Sunday in a row I have gotten sunburned (despite sunblock and funny hat) out enjoying Milwaukee. I hate summer.]

No comments: