Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gratuitous Reagan post


It's been awhile since I've read Ann Coulter, but I liked her this week.
As a right-winger, Palin will appeal to the narrow 59 percent of Americans who voted for another former small-market sportscaster: Ronald Reagan.

My grandpa, who died in 1986, told me about listening to Reagan call baseball games on WHO out of Des Moines (which is where I first heard Rush Limbaugh). And every time Reagan gave a speech on TV, we all had to be quiet because Grandpa would put his tape recorder right up next to the set to record it. :) I don't know what happened to the tapes, if Grandma threw them out or they were sold at the estate sale after she passed; I wish I had them now.

I'm holding off on "the female Reagan" for a few years, just to be sure. Actually, in 20-30 years, I'd rather be calling someone "the male Palin" ;) I'm a chauvinist like that.

No comments: