Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More forced childbearing for all...

Ladies and gentlemen, get yourselves sterilized now, before it's too late. Or something.

QUESTION: If Roe v. Wade were overturned and states could once again prohibit abortion, in your view, to what extent should abortion be prohibited in Alaska?

PALIN: Under this hypothetical scenario, it would not be up to the governor to unilaterally ban anything. It would be up to the people of Alaska to discuss and decide how we would like our society to reflect our values.

Oooh, scary woman-hating fascist! *rolls eyes*

I read a whole lot about this yesterday and failed to save links. None of it matches the "OMG! This stupid **** is gonna control me/my sex partners!!" bullshit I keep hearing at lunch and over the cube wall. (I enough self-control to sit still instead of joining in, which is fortunate because I don't have enough tact to remedy their ignorance of the facts in a way that won't get me sent down to HR. :)

Like I've said...the same lying scare tactics were used against George Bush in 2000 and 2004, and nothing happened. He was the president, not just the administration's representative at funerals, and nothing happened.

History doesn't even start the day we're born anymore, it starts last week. Depressing.

No comments: