Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy International Anti-Corruption Day!

You can't make this stuff up.

Victor Davis Hanson
makes you laugh, or cry:

But as illegal and as unethical as that is, what exactly is the difference between the Illinois example, and doing something like: since you gave my party, my legal defense fund, my furniture account, my library account, and my wife's senate campaign fund well over an aggregate of $1 million, so also I give your felon ex-husband a presidential pardon?

I do hope someone brings that up during Hillary's confirmation hearing. It won't sway anyone's vote, but it'll be entertaining.

(That's not his real hair, is it?)

1 comment:

Roland Melnick said...

If Blago had just accepted Obama's "appreciation", I'm sure he would have been rewarded for it later. The guy acts like a simple minded criminal...says a lot about Illinois.

Obama's empty suit, er, I mean "seat", was just the cherry on top of the whole investigation, but how dumb does he have to be to demand payment up front for the appointment?

I like reading VDH...