Monday, March 30, 2009

Taxes...

Once again, I'm pissed off that "federal income taxes paid" are not subtracted out of my "Wisconsin taxable income." That's one of the first lines on the Iowa form...

I never see this money. As far as my take-home pay, that money doesn't exist. Why am I being taxed on money that I never receive?!?

("Why are you just noticing this now?" "Now? I'm two weeks early this year!")

This is the only place I can complain about it; too many people respond with "Why are you complaining when you're getting a refund check?" and I'm irritated by people who believe they're smart (and on paper are "educated") but can't be bothered to learn/understand where their wages go.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

My guess is that Iowa's "taxable income" is figured differently and their percentage take is about the same.

Iowa IS a high-tax State, just like Minnesota and Wisconsin.

HeatherRadish said...

This is true. I just hate being taunted by the form.