Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gather ye Timbits while ye may

I've been too depressed to blog lately, because everything I do has an undercurrent of "this will be the last summer I get to do this." Eat donuts, drive in a car on a Sunday while listening to podcasts of radio shows, eat at small local diners, have a beer when I get home...

Everything I do is about to be outlawed, fined, or taxed until it no longer exists.

But according to the people making these changes, if I wanted to have unprotected sex with a different stranger every night, that would be my right as an American, and the government should provide me with all the antibiotics, anti-depressants, HIV cocktails, I might need (and free housing, food, education, and medical care for any spawn). WTF!?

It's like a badly-written dystopian sci-fi, except it's all real.

Off to Wegmans for more Harpoon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

But according to the people making these changes, if I wanted to have unprotected sex with a different stranger every night, that would be my right as an American, and the government should provide me with all the antibiotics, anti-depressants, HIV cocktails, I might need (and free housing, food, education, and medical care for any spawn). WTF!?

Actually, the preferred funding would be to abort any offspring those encounters produce before feeding and housing them.

Because the last thing we need is future generations to help pay off Obama's debt.

HeatherRadish said...

But look at all the women who choose not to abort and get their seven children's expenses all paid...insisting they limit themselves to two or three children with different fathers is considered "infringement on their sexuality" which is bad, and possibly racist, if the woman or the father(s) are non-white.

Only married white people are going to have reproduction restrictions.