Sliced a dime-sized patch of skin off my right index finger this morning trying to wash out a Campbell's soup can. I thought it would make a decent (FREE!) container to hold fabric-dyeing spoons separate from spoons I use for food (this is crucial; dyes are 'non-toxic' but that doesn't mean 'edible'). Bled through two fabric bandages and ruined my plans to spend the day with my hands in buckets of salty water.
Attention brainwashed hippies who lack critical thinking skills: this is why I don't wash my garbage to recycle it. It's not worth the pain and suffering. No blood for Gaia! Not to mention conservation of our precious freshwater supplies...I have no idea why people who refuse to shower because hygiene hurts the planet insist we should waste water in this fashion.
OTOH, if you don't mind bleeding to death to save the planet, YOU can wash and recycle my garbage.
(I decided to house my fabric-dyeing spoons in...a plastic grocery bag. Lacks the aesthetic appeal of the soup can, but I should have gone for safety in the first place.)