Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I don't actually hate Brett Favre

I just expect ESPN to show the football game being played live in front of them instead of a Lifetime Original Movie about high school sweethearts and breast cancer.

Apparently this is too much to ask.

Yes, I know I'm the only straight woman in Wisconsin who would rather watch Jay Cutler throw to Brandon Stokely than look at Brett Favre's wedding pictures (there may be someone who wanted to see AJ Hawk in action instead of prom pics from 1987; I would like to meet her). If it was a local broadcast, I would understand the market strategy. But ESPN is a national network broadcasting to fans of all 32 teams. They own several 24-hr sports stations and they're affiliated with ABC and several other networks; surely they could have found a way to air The Brett and Deanna Love Story AND show the Packers-Broncos game in its entirety.


I don't want to see The Peyton and Ashley Love Story instead of Tom Brady getting sacked on Sunday, either; fortunately CBS usually manages to keep the sideshows on the side. Their problem is they can't keep Phil Simms from verbally fellating Brady for four hours. :P

No comments: