Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pro Bowl

(Hey, it's an excuse to run a picture of Joey Addai...)

The inclusion of a man who missed 4 of the first 14 games because he was serving a suspension for cheating kinda makes me think it's less about ability and more about popularity. Specifically, popularity with obsessed teenage fanboys and other people who have nothing better to do than to submit multiple ballots daily for several weeks.

Gary Brackett got screwed over by his own lack of notoriety.

Exhibit B proving "25 daily votes per e-mail address is a bad idea": Vikings getting 8. I mean, really. And I'm not just saying that because I've got a brother-in-law who will bring that up at Christmas.

I got no problems with Goatboy or the inclusion of Sean Taylor; but there's no way an F-Pats/Chargers/Vikings/Cowboys line-up, with a couple of Titans and Seahawks and the Favre-inator thrown in for color, truly represents the best individual players of the league.

No comments: