Sunday, March 9, 2008

There's a special place in Hell

for "Mr GARRETT of New Jersey."

This past week I didn't have to turn the lights on in the mornings before work at all. But this next week I'll have turn them on so I can see to make breakfast. Real savings there.

This is not merely anecdotal.

There may have been a good reason to foist jet lag on the entire nation twice a year during WWI, but welcome to the the 21st century, Mr. Garrett. Almost no one's workplace is lit by sunlight; shifts start at appointed hours regardless of what's going on outdoors; in most places grocery stores are open 24 hours a day (I miss that so much).

And you just KNOW Mr. Garrett did this on suggestion from some mouthbreather who thinks New Jersey is going to be underwater in ten years because I've been using incandescent light bulbs while I cook my breakfast. Ironic.

No comments: