Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

I miss Cox & Forkum. Here is their 2006 Indepedence Day cartoon:


This is kinda cool: You can sign the Declaration of Independence and print it out. I still have the oversize replicas of the Declaration and Constitution my third grade teacher gave to all her students (I think she babysat Grover Cleveland; the educational philosophies of the 60s and 70s and beyond never trickled down to her, and I am so much better for it).

I'm free to spend my day drinking crappy beer, eating bratwurst, and ogling outfielders--alone and with my hair and arms showing!--so this is clearly a great country. If you're sitting in the loge level and you see a fat woman with green shoes, reeking of SPF 180 sunblock and sniffling from the national anthem and the veteran tributes, please say hi. :)

No comments: