Sunday, October 5, 2008

Milwaukee should probably take note...

Contra the Smashing Pumpkins, apparently the embers do fade in the city by the lake, the place where I was born.*

I like Milwaukee; I've yet to figure out why so many people here want to be a smaller version of Chicago. Chicago is not a role model.
The largest employer in the city of Chicago is the Federal government. Followed by the City of Chicago Public School system. Other major employers are the city of Chicago, the Chicago Transit Authority, the Cook County government, and the Chicago Park District.

My main musing this morning is: When it collapses under its own weight, will the rest of Illinois get stuck bailing them out, or will they go to the feds via CRA/ACORN/Je$$e Jr/Obama?

* My birth certificate has a field for "Father (if known)" Srsly. I guess that was more efficient than typing "Unknown" over and over and over...

No comments: