Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicago Tea Party Protest

Kicking around the idea of hitting Daley Plaza tomorrow morning.

On one hand, I've been depressed and grumpy since Limbaugh spent his whole first half hour Monday ripping into people who continue to be alive after being laid off--how DARE we not give up our non-work interests to concentrate 24/7 on our status as utterly worthless drains on society!--so it might be a good idea for me to leave the house for something other than lifting weights in the glow of a dozen TVs showing CNN tongue-bathing Barack Obama.

(I have no idea why people schedule conservative protests during normal business hours; if I was working I couldn't even consider this.)

On the other hand, Chicago. *shudder*

Please leave suggestions for signage.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Signs? Hmmm...let me think.

"Barack-risy: Calling for 'fiscal responsibility' while spending a trillion dollars on pork. And Waygu beef."

Like you, having protests during the week makes no sense. SOME of us have to work to pay off the debt Obama's getting us into. We'll be lucky if this thing called the "weekend" is still ours come 2012...

iamfelix said...

Hi, Heather - I saw your "Gadsden" request @ AoSHQ, and I like this one:

here

Also, the modern one another commenter drew is good:

here

Cheers!

HeatherRadish said...

Oooh, thank you. I was able to get some printed onto yellow paper...

Still working on my pithy verbiage.

Roland Melnick said...

Any word on how it went, Heather?