Monday, March 24, 2008

This annoys me in ways I don't understand.

An Oregon man who used to be a woman says he is pregnant with a baby girl.

That's going to be one confused kid when they show The Movie in 4th grade. If you're pregnant, you're not a man. I don't care what you have removed, what you call yourself, or what sort of prosthesis you're packing in your drawers (you'll have to trust me on that one, I fear Google)--men don't get pregnant. Not even transmen.

Most of my annoyance probably stems from years and years of women insisting I'm not a Real Woman because I'm decent at math, loathe shoe shopping, and never had babies. But I'm not a man and I've never wanted to be one; I just want to be accepted as I am and wear comfortable shoes.

Meanwhile, here's a man who is more of a Real Woman than I am. Mmmmrph. Please God, don't let my mother see this in the news.

No comments: