Sunday, April 13, 2008

On a lighter note

I had no idea how many of my friends were Mets fans until I checked my e-mail tonight. Hëh!

Here's something I didn't know until I looked up Gabe Kapler:
Kapler has been given the nickname Hebrew Hammer due to his frequent longball hits, along with his muscularity and the fact that he is Jewish. It has more recently been the nickname of Ryan Braun, who is also a Jew.

I didn't know this, either:
The son of an Israeli father, who was the fifth overall player taken in the 2005 major league baseball draft, Braun took the National League by storm last year when he arrived on May 25th from AAA Nashville and slugged his way to a .334 average, 34 homers, plus 97 RBIs in just 113 games.
Kapler seems to be a favorite on Outsports.com, although I can't imagine why.

*blink*

No comments: