Thursday, August 7, 2008

"FAVRE JOINING UP WITH GANG GREEN"

Our long national nightmare is finally over, and Jeff Garcia can rest easy.
The Jets didn't even speak to Favre until Tuesday and Tannenbaum even conceded his "gut" feeling was that the deal would never "come to fruition."

"I never thought it was alive," Tannenbaum said. "We had a cursory monitoring situation going on for a number of days. We put an oar in the water and things heated up really quickly."

That is the dumbest mixed metaphor I have seen in quite some time.
Interestingly, Tannenbaum said the Jets are taking things with the wishy-washy Favre "one year at a time," indicating that the team has not gotten any commitment from Favre beyond 2008.
I have no comment.

My big fear at this point is that the local CBS affiliate (heh, I don't watch TV enough to even know the call letters) is going to show the Jets every Sunday. The past two years I got used to watching that geographically proximate AFC team that doesn't suck every other weekend or so.

UPDATE: I hope he rots in the end zone with Jimmy Hoffa.

No comments: