Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I still think she's a spy.

India, the White House kitty. Owners? Cats don't have owners, they have suckers (ask me how I know this....). Notice how she's placed herself behind the plant, so she can observe the Cabinet unnoticed...

Not a lot about her, but the 2004 caption writer--I think the AP writes the captions these days--often mentioned "Willie the Cat" in the "Barney Picture of the Day", which is now the "Barney Picture of Whenever We Get Around To It."

Sample 2004 caption: Although not exactly the Kung Fu DVD box set he requested for his birthday, Barney attempts to have fun with a thrilling new multi-colored ball. All of Oct 2004 is funny, really.

Sample recent caption: Bush family pets "Kitty," Miss Beazley and Barney wait patiently for a photo session to begin in the Green Room of the White House Thursday, June 7, 2007.

Staff turnover's a bitch. Especially when they can't even be bothered to learn the cat's names.

I also enjoyed this picture of Dave Cheney exiting Air Force Two (I think). I'd love to know what the Marine is thinking. Then I'd like to replace Dave with, say, Hillary, and then know what THAT Marine is thinking. I'm sure he'll miss Dave.

No comments: